kwalletmanager ui refactor

Valentin Rusu kde at rusu.info
Sun Feb 3 13:50:33 GMT 2013

Hello,

Lots of us are frequently using kwalletmanager to get/store the secrets for
the ever extending sensitive information. We click it's icon to pop the main
window, then double click the main wallet icon to pop another window, that
will eventually go to the second display (that's my case). Perhaps you put
aside a quick thought that this should be changed, but return to the task
under hand. And then forget about this until you'll next need to use
kwalletmanager. :-)

During last days I finally sat down and did a ui-refactor and now
kwalletmanager handles all the wallets inside a single, KPageWidget based
design. A screen capture is far better than a hundred words so here it is:
http://imgur.com/MD3GDxO

As you may see, the ancien kwalleteditor window moved inside a
KPageWidgetItem. All the legacy code was left untouched. Only slight
adjustements were done, to allow ui objects reference changes. I tried to
preserve as much code history as possible. This also prevents regressions.

The sources layout was also slightly changed to be more KF5 compliant. There's
now a src subdirectory that has a manager and a konfigurator subdirectory.

All this refactoring was done in a dedicated branch named "ui-refactor" I just
pushed to the main repository. The application is fully functional and you can
just checkout that branch, compile and replace your current kwalletmanager ;-)

Next things to be done are:
- review these changes - here I need your precious feedback
- implementing features you may suggest
- update the handbook
- merge the code to the main branch when decided

Thanks,

PS I'd like to say a big *thank you* to the *gammaray* team who did a really
great tool that showed very handy when analysing existing ui layout.

--
Valentin Rusu (vrusu)
IRC: valir