Moving Baloo and Baloo-widgets into KDE SC

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at kde.org
Tue Dec 24 20:25:37 GMT 2013

> As I understand it there are no plans to remove the nepomuk-core or
> nepomuk-widget libraries. If you switch to Baloo, anything compiled against
> nepomuk will still run but will act as if nepomuk is disabled. This is
> something clients previously had to cope with anyway.

Meaning that everything* that uses nepomuk now (fortunately, not much) will
stop working properly.

Either that, or we will have to keep both systems running in-parallel.

* except the parts Vishesh ports over :)

I would like baloo to be available in 4.x, with no API stability guarantees,
so that it can mature for 5.x series. I am not sure about pushing it as a
nepomuk replacement just jet.

Vishesh, how possible would it be to have dolphin (and others) with support
for both nepomuk and baloo?

Cheers,
Ivan

--
Make your code readable. Pretend the next person who looks
at your code is a psychopath and they know where you live.