Regression of KItemWidgetDelegate in 4.12

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Wed Dec 11 21:37:15 GMT 2013

El Dimecres, 11 de desembre de 2013, a les 21:45:42, Albert Astals Cid va
escriure:
> El Dimecres, 11 de desembre de 2013, a les 21:06:20, Thomas Lübking va
>
> escriure:
> > On Mittwoch, 11. Dezember 2013 20:41:28 CEST, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > > I am hoping that Andras would let us just revert his changes
> > > since reading the
> > > commit logs seems like they are only optimizations that ended
> > > up wrong (i.e. i hope he wasn't really doing any bugfix).
> >
> > Depends on how fast Andras can fix this anyway.
> >
> > The introduced 50ms "initializeTimer" was originally not set singleShot()
> > but fixed so with commit 5fedc5ee921f87f320b5465edd80f74cabcfefcf only.
> > (likely bug #327190)
> >
> > Therefore I guess the initial constantly fired timer shadowed the now
> > present issues what basically means the actual changes have (unintendedly)
> > never been really tested.
> >
> > Patches strongly look like optimization (i guess: "this prevents an ugly
> > recursion" would have been commented somewhere....) to me as well, so i'd
> > relax, remove them for 4.12.0, this way get Andras enough time to inspect
> > the patches and the *actual* behavior and re-add the correct patch for
> > 4.12.1.
> >
> > (Unless Andras already *has* a fixing patch, of course ;-)
>
> Hmmmmmmm, ok, my suggestion, let's do both what Martin and Thomas suggests,
> let's revert Andras patches and tag/release a RC2 today/tomorrow and delay
> the 4.12.0 release a bit more than a week and release on the 30th.
>
> This way Andras has a week and a bit to re-fix their commits if it is really
> to have them.

Actually i've changed my mind, too much people has already upped the version
numbers and done preparations, so i've just reverted the commits from Andras
and will tag 4.12.0 with that.

If Andras appears and says his commits fix some other case, he has a week so
he can provide a patch that fixes whatever these patches were fixing without
breaking the rest of the code using KItemWidgetDelegate.

Cheers,
  Albert