What to do with KScanDialog

Kåre Särs kare.sars at iki.fi
Sat Aug 31 21:11:57 BST 2013

Hi,

On Saturday 31 August 2013 20:48:46 Gilles Caulier wrote:
> I don't know exactly (i don't know KSCanDialog in fact, so i cannot
> compare).
>
> Ask to kare Sars who maintain this code. I can respond better than me...

The KScanDialog plugin interface is now implemented by the ksaneplugin in
kdegraphics (using libksane) and also by libkscan (a plugin) in unmaintained.
(Note the difference between ksane and kscan :)

I do not see the need for a plugin interface as it is not likely to be
implemented and maintained in more than one instance at a time anyways.

I think kooka-git also might use the ORC part of the interface but that part
has not been maintained for many years in the SC. I have not checked kooka-git
tho lately.

I would vote to move it to kde4support and deprecate it. I can volunteer to
port kolourpaint to libksane if needed.

Regards,
Kåre