Update on git repository "logical" branch module groups

David Faure faure at kde.org
Wed Aug 21 22:00:44 BST 2013

On Monday 12 August 2013 14:21:57 Michael Pyne wrote:
> I'd like for people (especially those working on frameworks or just trying
> to  huddle to KDE 4) to go ahead and test this.

Hi Michael, thanks for the branch-group support !

Here's my testing. I added
  branch-group kf5-qt5
to the global section in my KF5 kdesrc-buildrc, and commented out the branch
name for kdelibs ("frameworks") in kf5-qt5-build-include and here's what came
out of kdesrc-build:

Error 1:
Updating kde-build-metadata (to branch master)
 * Problems encountered trying to sort modules into correct order:
 * BuildException=HASH(0x21a9198)
 * Will attempt to continue.

Didn't happen on the next run, though (maybe due to installing Perl-JSON?)

Error 2:
Building cmake-git (1/14)
Error updating cmake-git, removing from list of packages to build.
 > ksb::Updater::Git=HASH(0x1d28520) is not of type ksb::Updater::KDEProject,
but of type ksb::Updater::Git
        Unable to update cmake-git, build canceled.

This comes from the first git module in kf5-qt5-build-include.
I think the branch-group setting should just be ignored for non-kde-projects
modules, it can't possibly make sense there, so this should fallback to
looking for "branch" or "tag".

Error 3:
Building kdesrc-build from <module-set at line 16> (1/14)
Error updating kdesrc-build, removing from list of packages to build.
 > Logical module groups require the Perl JSON module
        Unable to update kdesrc-build, build canceled.

OK after installing perl-JSON this works better.

Now kdelibs-frameworks itself gives:
 > ksb::Updater::Git=HASH(0x310bd68) is not of type ksb::Updater::KDEProject,
but of type ksb::Updater::Git
because it's currently defined as
module kdelibs-frameworks
    repository kde:kdelibs
end module
I guess this is because I wanted the local directory to be called kdelibs-
frameworks. Using a module-set and "use-modules kdelibs" wouldn't allow that,
right?
Somehow branch-group should apply to 'git' modules that actually come from the
kde repo.... but I think I'm asking for the impossible, since the above
definition cannot be related to kde_projects.xml modules, right?