KF5 Update Meeting Minutes 2013-w33

Kevin Ottens ervin+bluesystems at kde.org
Tue Aug 13 16:13:57 BST 2013

Hello everyone,

This is the minutes of the Week 33 KF5 meeting. As usual it has been held on
#kde-devel at 4pm Paris time.

Were present: afiestas, agateau, apol, d_ed, mck182, mgraesslin, sebas,
shadeslayer, vHanda, wojtask9 and myself.

Announcement:
 * Focus for the coming week is on closing all the in progress on;
 * More tasks to come if we deplete the current WIP;
 * That includes pending stale review.

Topics discussed:
 * afiestas is working on propagating our settings to QToolBar;
 * he's also making sure our QPA plugin update its settings when needed;
 * agateau made the TextEditDecorator to install sonnet on regular QTextEdits;
 * he's also providing fixes to the highlighter;
 * he's well under way with the POSIX ports;
 * apol is preparing a proposal to Qt for making QCollator public;
 * d_ed is getting is standard QKeySequence patch ready;
 * mck182 is moving to the fallback plan (feature in kguiaddons) for the
overlays on icons;
 * mgraesslin got the patches needed by kwin merged in Qt, kwin is now
functional;
 * sebas plugin work is done and in use now;
 * he's working on porting plasma-framework away from kde4 macros;
 * also making cmake macros for plasma;
 * teo is working on QSessionManager and monitoring the situation on the Qt
side as a patch is in the work that we need;
 * he's also removing KFileDialog uses, we might have to keep KFileDialog
still to be confirmed;
 * shadeslayer is almost done with his QSplitter patch;
 * vHanda is working on the kde_file.h ports;
 * wojtask9 is working on LINK_PUBLIC/LINK_PRIVATE;
 * he's also working on kmodifierkeyinfo port to native filters;
 * ervin is reviewing + doing janitor work as usual;
 * preparing the next bunch of tasks;
 * QLineEdit and QTabBar changes are in.

Action items still open:
 * [sandsmark] Finish the work on KPtyProcess
 * [steveire] Write a "CMake for frameworks" guideline in the wiki

If you got questions, feel free to ask.

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net