KF5 Update Meeting Minutes 2013-w31

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 14:37:02 BST 2013

Kevin Ottens wrote:

>> > I see, but when is 2.8.13 supposed to be released? I'd rather have us
>> > move forward.
>>
>> 2.8.12 will be released in a few weeks. 2.8.13 about 3 months after that.
>
> That's way too far in the future to be useful. Hopefully by then we'll
> have started splitting (crossing fingers).

The feature was merged to CMake master today, so it will be part of 2.8.12.

 http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=370bf55415

So, we'll end up having code something like this:

 add_library(KArchive ${karchive_SRCS})

 # Read-only use of 'KF5::KArchive' is now the same as
 # using 'KArchive' directly.
 add_library(KF5::KArchive ALIAS KArchive)

 # Works before and after split:
 target_link_libraries(anything KF5::KArchive)

Thanks,

Steve.