KDirWatch bug and the analysis. Help is welcome!

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 11:39:30 BST 2013

On Donnerstag, 1. August 2013 10:41:22 CEST, David Faure wrote:

> We could, however, fix this by filtering out hidden files ("dot
> files") in the
> KDirWatch inotify event handling, optionally.

What doesn't help you when listing them as well.

Questions:
1. why does dolphin update the .directory file *intantly* and esp. while still showing the dir. Why not when eg. leaving it or when closing down (bearing the risk to loose the update when "closing down" is a segfault)

2. why does that update block the GUI?
Leaving all "view per folder pollutes itself" away, it's rather supoptimal if I can block the GUI by touching a file in a dir with many entries.
QFileSystemModel is threaded, so why would it block the GUI?

Cheers,
Thomas