Requiring cmake 2.8.9 for kdelibs 4.10 ?

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Sat Sep 29 14:11:06 BST 2012

On Saturday 29 September 2012 13:19:30 you wrote:
> But how does that differ from requiring other very recent packages,
> including Qt ?
we don't do that. We still require only Qt 4.7 and there is one difference in
build system vs. some depending library. Depending library is nicely handled
by systems like kdesrc-build. The example kdesrc-buildrc comes with all the
pieces already there, so if there is really the need I uncomment a part and
let it build.

For cmake on the other hand I have no idea how to install it without reading
through the documentation and then I have to adjust all my build scripts to
take this custom cmake and I have to remember to remove it again once it's in
the distro.

> Beside, we didn't upgrade cmake since more than 2 years...
which doesn't mean we have to update to the latest cmake in town. Given that
kdelibs is feature frozen anyway I'm personally surprised by the request for
an updated cmake (though I don't mind as long as it's in distro packages).

> But ok, I did not seriously propose to require CMake 2.8.10.
:-)

Cheers
Martin