Possible ferris-kio hackfest at opensuse conference in October?

Ben Martin monkeyiq at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Sep 28 14:48:10 BST 2012

On Fri, 2012-09-14 at 01:06 +0200, Jos Poortvliet wrote:
> On Saturday, September 01, 2012 14:46:30 Ben Martin wrote:
> > Hi,
> >   I'm not sure if this is the correct forum for an initial discussion...
> > It has been mentioned that I might like to try to organize a one day
> > hackfest in Prague in October [1] with the aim of trying to either make
> > libferris work together with kio or just swap cool features between VFS
> > developers ;) Hopefully more the former so that code can be shared too
> > and everybody can use both VFS seemlessly :)
> >
> >   I thought I'd reach out to see if any KIO developers are interested in
> > this and are planning or available to be in Prague for a filesystem geek
> > day!
>
> Wow, folks, don't be TOO enthusiastic... KIO is STILL a cool feature, after
> all these years you still can't drop a web URL in a file upload box in
> Firefox!

I suspect it's not so much a case of whether KIO is cool but more one
about the lesser known libferris and me not being effective enough in
raising interest in some closer links between ferris and kio.

It might come to pass that me having a kio slave that talks to libferris
as a backend will be the spark that starts things off. Whenever I
finally get to move that from TODO -> DONE.