Add support for Persona on KDE sites?

Mark markg85 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 14:42:51 BST 2012

On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 8:58 AM, Todd <toddrjen at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 5:46 AM, Nicolás Alvarez
> <nicolas.alvarez at gmail.com> wrote:
>> El 27/09/2012, a las 22:44, Mark <markg85 at gmail.com> escribió:
>> As a second objection, it was announced *yesterday*, and I bet few people in
>> this list even know anything about it at this early point. We won't be early
>> adopters, at least not at such an extreme (I'm relatively new to KDE
>> compared to its 10+ year history, but I'll take the guess that KDE has never
>> integrated with new technology within a *day* of its announcement of
>> existence).
>
> Yes, I remember how quickly people were calling for Google Wave
> integration as soon as it was announced, and some were quite upset
> with KDE dragging their heels on it.
>
> -Todd

Wave was a nice idea, but just ahead of it's time and was trying to
solve a not so important issue thus it.. failed. Or that's my view :)
Not soon after that you got the online word processing stuff (google
docs) in which parts of wave are incorporated where it makes sense.
Again just my view of things.

I am just very optimistic about persona because it truly makes logging
in very user friendly. I guess time will tell if this is being picked
up by other web applications (mediawiki, forum software and the
millions of other things out there).