Moving libkfacebook to extragear

John Layt jlayt at kde.org
Sat Oct 27 18:39:40 BST 2012

On 27 October 2012 17:58, Rolf Eike Beer <kde at opensource.sf-tec.de> wrote:
> Am Samstag, 27. Oktober 2012, 11:00:42 schrieb Martin Klapetek:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'd like to move libkfacebook, the foundation for akonadi-facebook
>> resource, into extragear. It's been in use for a while, lots of distro ship
>> it bundled with akonadi-facebook resource, which is now becaming part of
>> kdepim-runtime for 4.10 with libkfacebook as optional compile-time
>> dependency.

> I don't have any knowledge about this, but recently there was some library
> named "libkgoogle" which has been renamed to something other to avoid possible
> trademark hazard. This has been in the thread "Review request: moving
> libkgoogle to extragear" starting 2012-05-26.

Yeap, was just about to ask that question: does this use of the
Facebook name comply with their trademark use policy?  I had a quick
look but their policy isn't as detailed as the Google policy which was
very clear on the point.  Perhaps you need to email them to get
clarification?

I think calling anything libktrademark is never a good idea as it
could be confused for something created by the trademark holder, but
something like akonadi-resource-trademark is perhaps more acceptable
as it is a more functional statement.

Cheers!

John.