Moving libkfacebook to extragear

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Sat Oct 27 17:05:31 BST 2012

Hi,

On Saturday, 2012-10-27, Martin Klapetek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to move libkfacebook, the foundation for akonadi-facebook
> resource, into extragear. It's been in use for a while, lots of distro ship
> it bundled with akonadi-facebook resource, which is now becaming part of
> kdepim-runtime for 4.10 with libkfacebook as optional compile-time
> dependency.
>
> I'd like to ask for a review of this library, currently in kdereview -
> https://projects.kde.org/projects/kdereview/libkfacebook

I had a cursory look and found a couple of things. CCing the original authors
so they can provide input.

- The job classes should have a QObject *parent = 0 argument and pass parent
on to KJob's constructor.

- Some of the constructors that can be called with only one argument are
missing the explicit keyword.

- FacebookJob(QString, QString) calls setCapabilities, FacebookJob(QString)
does not

- Is the FacebookJob(QString) constructor really needed. It seems all jobs
need a path

- All jobs to the same URL base setup (protocol, host, token). I am wondering
if the base class could just have a KUrl member and initialize all the common
stuff and derived classes just add to that.

- the *Info classes seem to be normal data classes, IMHO they don't need to be
QObjects but rather "value types"

- The typdefs in eventinfo.h create global types with very generic names, e.g.
Event

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring