Help your marketing team!

Mark markg85 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 11:00:13 BST 2012

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 7:16 PM, Jos Poortvliet <jos at opensuse.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We need your help to do better at engaging the world-wide Qt developer
> community. Please answer this question:
>
> "what classes and components in KDELibs/Frameworks 5 do you think are most
> interesting for external Qt developers and why?"
>
> Please add explanations and links to documentation where possible.
>
> Read more in my blog (and you can comment there as well as here):
> http://bit.ly/VDnXdj
> Hugs,
> Dario, Claudia, Carl, Jos

KIO without a doubt!
KIO is just an awesome piece of technology that makes it so easy to
just create file browsing (among things) from a lot of different
protocols. Bad thing is that it depends on other KDE libs at the
moment thus making it not really feasible for people that want to use
it without KDE. Though that "minor" annoyance should go away since KIO
is scheduled to only have Qt as it's dependency (right David?).

KArchive is also awesome simply because Qt doesn't provide anything
alike. There is "quazip" but it's not as good.

KIdleTime is also a neat tech thing to use if one needs it.