KDE Continuous Integration (build.kde.org) outage

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Sun Nov 25 11:54:39 GMT 2012

Hi all,

Just a quick notice that due to Qt breaking their ABI it is now
necessary for build.kde.org (Jenkins) to initiate a rebuild of all
binaries.
This will take a long time to complete unfortunately, I suspect ~24 - 48 hours.

An excerpt of the failure log is below, prior to the rebuild.
/srv/jenkins/install/kde/kdelibs/KDE/4.10/lib64/libkio.so.5: undefined
reference to `QFutureInterfaceBase::refT() const'
/srv/jenkins/install/kde/kdelibs/KDE/4.10/lib64/libkio.so.5: undefined
reference to `QFutureInterfaceBase::derefT() const'

I consider this extremely irritating. Should the Qt developers wish to
correct this transgression in their ABI, I would appreciate it if both
this list and myself were informed a minimum of 48 hours in advance of
the commit entering any form of Qt integration system.

Regards,
Ben Cooksley
KDE Sysadmin