Nepomuk Metadata Extractor moved to KDE Review

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Wed Nov 7 18:53:56 GMT 2012

El Dimecres, 7 de novembre de 2012, a les 20:08:15, Vishesh Handa va escriure:
> Hey Jorg
>
> A couple of things
>

> 3. I would eventually like this to be a part of the KDE SC release. Web
> Extractors are something that I have wanted for a very very long time. I'm
> not sure if we can get this into 4.10, but I'd definitely like it to be a
> part of 4.11.
>
> As to where it should be placed. I agree with Sebastian Kugler, kdelibs is
> not the place. We had initially planned on splitting kde-runtime/nepomuk
> into multiple repositories, but we're now waiting for KF5. Do you think
> this could go under kde-runtime (not in that repo)

He may want to do a release before 4.11 so i think let's move it somewhere in
extragear and then move it back under runtime for 4.11 if we see it fits.

> 5. Auto generated SimpleResource Headers - You've included them in your
> repo. That was what we originally wanted. We didn't want to repeat the mess
> that happened with breaking kdepim cause of ontology changes.

Why?

> Does anyone have a problem with having generated headers in the code?

It just feels wrong

> One
> could generate them on the fly, but that would be slow (Jorg says around 10
> minutes?) and if something is changed in the ontologies, the classes would
> change drastically thereby affecting the code.

Well, i have no clue about these things but i would expect that if the
ontology changes and you are using and "old generated" file, it may still
compile but it'll break in some other ways, no? So what's the point in hiding
the problem?

Cheers,
  Albert