KDEREVIEW: StackFolder plasma applet

Ural Mullabaev ural.mullabaev at rosalab.ru
Wed Nov 7 10:24:30 GMT 2012

Hello all!

Let me introduce you our applet - StackFolder. It has been moved to kdereview to get into kdeplasma-addons.
StackFolder is a plasmoid that provides fast and convenient access to most frequently used files and directories. To start working with a folder in StackFolder, drag it from Dolphin to the panel and in the pop-up menu choose "Stack Folder".
Initially StackFolder was based on FolderView applet. We developed new smooth user interface in QML. StackFolder is a PopupApplet that allows to browse folders and quickly access files in them as well as instantly preview a wide range of different file types (including pictures, video and audio) via tight integration with another ROSA utility - KLook. We thought over many small but useful features like StackFolder's icon animation on addition of new file in download folder or files sorting by addition date.

https://projects.kde.org/projects/kdereview/stackfolder
http://wiki.rosalab.ru/en/index.php/What_is_StackFolder
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnH13y_FlHU

Regards,