KDEREVIEW: share like connect and plasmate

Pino Toscano pino at kde.org
Sun Nov 4 14:55:00 GMT 2012

Hi,

Alle sabato 3 novembre 2012, Pino Toscano ha scritto:
> Alle giovedì 1 novembre 2012, Aaron J. Seigo ha scritto:
> > This is to inform everyone that the plasmate and share-like-connect
> > repositories have been moved into KDE Review so that, if all goes
> > according to plan, we can move them to their more permanent homes
> > in a couple of weeks.
> >
> > Most of the apps in the plasmate repo have actually been in past SC
> > releases; it's just the main app, plasmate, that is still fairly
> > new.
>
> Regarding plasmate: I fixed earlier a number of i18n issues (ugh...),
> and the layout of two .ui files.

(A couple more today...)

> On the other hand, there are still the following issues I found
> looking around:

- in plasmate/publisher/remoteinstaller/remoteinstaller.ui there is a
label: «Choose the source directory of your package.\n\nYour URL must
end in a metadata.desktop file.», but the URL selector below (named
srcDirUrl) wants a file and its value is used only as directory (see
remoteinstaller.cpp)

- there is a bit of string mess for some terms:
  - "Add-On" vs "Addon", used with the capital letter even in middle of
    sentences
  - "Save Point" vs "SavePoint" (both upper- and lower- case)
I'd recommend (after fixing the .ui files and other issues, as already
noted in my other email) taking a deep review of the strings of plasmate
(see plasmate.pot in svn [1]) according to the few bits of HIG [2] we
have.

- plasmate uses the "plasmagick" icon, which exists in the Oxygen icon
theme only; this means it will have no icon when the icon theme is
another one, or simply in menus of other DEs; please copy it from Oxygen
(or get a non-Oxygen generic one) and install it as hicolor.

- the following binaries are installed in $prefix/bin:
  - plasmaengineexplorer
  - plasmakconfigxteditor
  - plasmaremoteinstaller
  - plasmate
  - plasmawallpaperviewer
  - plasmoidviewer
  - remote-widgets-browser (*)
  - windowswitcherpreviewer (*)
except the plasma-something ones (including the notable exception of
plasmoidviewer), the two I marked with (*) look too generic to be
installed in bindir; please consider moving them to libexecdir (making
sure to use KStandardDirs::findExe to reach them), or give them less
generic names

[1] trunk/l10n-kde4/templates/messages/kdereview/plasmate.pot
[2] http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Usability/HIG

Thanks,
--
Pino Toscano