KDELibsNightly.cmake

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Sun May 20 20:28:51 BST 2012

On Sunday 20 May 2012, Rolf Eike Beer wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 20. Mai 2012, 12:55:54 schrieb Volker Krause:
> > On Sunday 20 May 2012 10:08:11 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > > Anyway, I guess the guys ultimately knowning how this is done for
> > > kdelibs are Alex or Volker...

techbase doesn't seem to answer today.
This script should be fine, it supports git too.
If not, we can fix this, but AFAIK it should be working with git.

This is like the minimal generic ctest script for running a nightly build.
It handles all the generic stuff like the bootstrapping problem, setting the
directories, finding make, etc.

In some not-KDE project I use it everyday (with svn) and it works without
problems.

I was working quite active on this until Akademy last year, but since then
I've been completely busy with cmake/KDE frameworks.

You may want to have a look at cdash at home, which is an extension to cdash to
schedule builds, so clients have to do less:
http://www.kitware.com/products/html/TheCDashHomeCloud.html

> > I'm not using those scripts either. My nightly build just calls ctest
> > directly, similar to what you have done. Instead of the -D shortcut I use
> > -M/- T though, to also enable the coverage upload and valgrinded test run
> > steps.
>
> CTest on what? An already build tree? How do you get the build results
> then? Or which CTest script do you use? Would you mind updating that
> techbase page on how that works?

I'm not sure what Volker does really produces "Nightly build" results and not
"just" a snapshot of the current build tree. It also does not solve the
bootstrap problem.

Alex