kio and frameworks 5

Ben Martin monkeyiq at users.sourceforge.net
Sun May 20 10:28:02 BST 2012

On Sat, 2012-05-19 at 10:52 -0400, Dawit A wrote:

> On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 11:31 PM, Ben Martin
> <monkeyiq at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
>         I'm wondering if there is a timeframe for KIO refresh in KDE5?
>
>         Getting improved metadata handling in there would be a great
>         benefit
>         IMHO. To the point where I might start attaching patches to
>         that
>         effect ;)
>

> What does improved meta-data handling mean ? Sending additional
> ioslave specific information to/from the ioslave and vise-versa ? If
> that is the case, then it is already possible to do that right now to
> some degree using KIO's meta data system.

Excellent. I'll have to dig into this to see how much of libferris'
metadata I can expose for read/write if it was a kio slave.

I'm thinking about metadata like KFileMetaInfo can offer: a collection
of key-value pairs each of which has schema data associated. The schema
for KFileMetaInfoItem::properties() gives the primary type related stuff
I'm thinking about.