The Nepomuk Situation

Vishesh Handa me at vhanda.in
Mon May 7 17:50:09 BST 2012

On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 10:12 PM, Sune Vuorela <nospam at vuorela.dk> wrote:

> On 2012-05-07, Vishesh Handa <me at vhanda.in> wrote:
> > I'm not okay with applications having to stick with the old faulty APIs
>
> I'm not okay with a api or abi break in kdelibs.

Of course. But that is not what is happening.

The current solution we propose is that we no not touch kdelibs/nepomuk. We
release the nepomuk-core repository as a dependency of kde-runtime/kdelibs
(you choose) which installs headers under nepomuk2, instead of the
conventional nepomuk. And the namespace in nepomuk-core will be changed
from nepomuk to nepomuk2.

This way there are absolutely no clashes.

Is that alright with you?

--
Vishesh Handa