The Nepomuk Situation

Vishesh Handa me at vhanda.in
Mon May 7 13:35:47 BST 2012

On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 5:54 PM, Sebastian TrĂ¼g <trueg at kde.org> wrote:

> On 05/07/2012 12:09 PM, Vishesh Handa wrote:
>
> > So, we're down to 3 options -
> >
> > *1.* nepomuk-core become a dependency of kdelibs. Kdelibs is not touched.
> > *Problem:* Overlapping headers and possible mysterious crashes if both
> > libraries are loaded.
> >
> > *2.* nepomuk-core installs headers under nepomuk2. It's released
> > independently.
> > *Problem:* Mysterious crashes if both libraries are loaded.
> >
> > *3.* nepomuk-core installs headers under nepomuk2 and the namespace is
> > changed to nepomuk2.
> > *Problem:* A lot more work :(
>
> Well, I suppose we could make this work with some sed magic. :P
> I would vote for option 3 which could then be reverted (or not) for kde5.

I would prefer option 2.

The mysterious crashes would only happen if an application's plugin links
to the incorrect libraries.

Is that a possibility for us?

We have about 8-10 known nepomukservices, which are basically plugins but *they
exist in their own process*, so each has their own libraries.

--
Vishesh Handa