The Nepomuk Situation

Ivan Cukic ivan.cukic at kde.org
Wed May 2 20:14:00 BST 2012

> The first solution -
> * Remove nepomuk from kdelibs and kde-runtime
+1 This is what has been done with kactivities. Instead of having it in
kdelibs and runtime, it is now all in one repository.

The only difference here is that nepomuk is not in libs/experimental like
libkactivities was.

I think that this would help KF5 efforts since applications would start
porting early to the new libraries. Again, the only downside being the fact
that libnepomuk will not be able to stay binary (or api) back-compatible due
to uses of KUrl and similars (it it hasn't already been removed in the
nepomuk-core)

Cheerio,
Ivan

--