resolving i18n merge conflicts, is there a policy fot i18n commits?

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 18:58:01 GMT 2012

Am 16.03.2012, 19:35 Uhr, schrieb Martin Gräßlin <mgraesslin at kde.org>:

> On Friday 16 March 2012 19:23:18 Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
>> up

>> > kde-workspace, local KDE/4.8 -> local master
>> > resolved merge i18n conficts "-s ours" from origin/KDE/4.8, then
>> merged
>> > local KDE/4.8 into local master
>> >
>> > wrong?
>>
>> utterly. only kdelibs is merged 4.8 => frameworks. everything else is
>> cherry-pick. as always has been.

Well, i was told different (not by martin, btw.) to avoid additional
commits. *shrug*

> That's news to me :-) At least I have been merging from 4.7 to master in
> kde-workspace till scripty made it impossible and I have been merging
> all my
> commits from 4.8 to master. And looking through the commits I'm quite
> sure that others do merge as well.

I do absolutely not mind whether to merge or c-p, to back- or forwardport
- but maybe there should be some definite official statement?
Like eg. about here:
http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Git#KDE_Git_Policies

where the current policies helpfully read:
"KDE policies on Git. More generic development policies go elsewhere."

Cheers,
Thomas