Review Request: include KolorManager in kdegraphics

Lamarque V. Souza lamarque at kde.org
Wed Mar 14 23:02:10 GMT 2012

Em Wednesday 14 March 2012, Daniel Nicoletti escreveu:
> 2012/3/14 Kai-Uwe Behrmann <ku.b at gmx.de>:
> > CUPS is a cross platform solution. It works with colour management on osX
> > fine. IMO that recommendation on Debian has to do with colord in Gnome
> > and that colord needs compiled in support inside CUPS. No more no less.
>
> This sentence is hard to read but Recommends in Debian means recommends,
> it is not required to run, so no there is no linking, no link by CUPS to
> colord and no link by colord to CUPS. All DBus magic.

	Debian applies a patch to add colord support to cups, that is what Kai-
Uwe is talking about. Cups itself does not require colord, so it cannot be
used in favor of colord.

> >> Notice that colord allows components to use it without linking it in at
> >> startup using the dbus interface for instance.
> >
> > That is non relevant to the fact, that CUPS vendor colour management
> > works since years and without colord.
>
> It is indeed relevant because now we have a central place to configure it.

	As long as you patch cups and all other applications to use. Oyranos is
also a central place to do color management as far as I know, this argument is
valid for both.

--
Lamarque V. Souza
KDE's Network Management maintainer