DrKonqi improvement idea

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Mon Mar 12 16:32:10 GMT 2012

On Monday 12 March 2012 16.20.00 David Jarvie wrote:
> There would be an advantage in giving instant feedback to the user if
> possible, but if that turns out to be impractical, Thomas's suggestion of
> using background processing on the server could be sensible.

I was thinking about this a bit longer today and we[1] might do something
smart like letting the webapp generate a url thats unique for this person , or
the report and that url is his status page that will then get updated when
something new happens. A plasma app can use polling at regular intervals to
then show the user how his report progresses, including links to suggestions
like "fixed in ver xyz" or workarounds like; "don't use files with å or é in
them.".

1) saying 'we' is typically a bad thing if what you mean is "someone that is
not me" so lets be clear that I would love to do it, if time permits. Which
probably means soon, but not  just yet.
--
Thomas Zander