Binary compatiblity for liboxygenstyle.so

Ralf Jung ralfjung-e at gmx.de
Tue Mar 6 12:22:15 GMT 2012

Hi,

> Adding Ralf in CC, since he is experiencing the same issues.
Thanks Hugo :)

The issue I have is the same as Andreas, except that the application does not
crash for me if it uses the wrong Oxygen. It just looks ugly because the
gradient seems to have changed between KDE 4.6 (which lives in /usr) and KDE
4.8 (in /opt/kde-stable).

I now added /usr/lib/kde4/plugins to the QT_PLUGIN_PATH, which indded solved
the issue here... I wouldn't call that a solution though, since most definitely
there is something weird and unintended going on ;-)

However, setting QT_PLUGIN_PATH=/opt/kde-stable/lib/kde4/plugins: does *not*
work here. I need to really add the full and correct path to
/usr/lib/kde4/plugins to make it *not* load Oxygen from there. Weird.

My Trolltech.conf looks similar to what Andreas mentioned, Oxygen is mentioned
two times in the "false" plugins cache and in the other one. The libraryPath
is empty, setting it has no effect.
I deleted the entire file before each experiment, i.e.:
rm ~/.config/Trolltech.conf; QT_PLUGIN_PATH=/opt/kde-
stable/lib/kde4/plugins/:/usr/lib/kde4/plugins/ plotter
("plotter" is a Qt-only app written by me, I can't test using kwrite since I
also compiled and installed the 4.8 version of that application).

Kind regards,
Ralf

PS: Please keep me in CC, I am not subscribed to the list