Compiler version

Rolf Eike Beer kde at opensource.sf-tec.de
Thu Jun 28 17:09:22 BST 2012

Am Donnerstag, 28. Juni 2012, 10:20:42 schrieb Thiago Macieira:
> On quinta-feira, 28 de junho de 2012 10.14.03, Ivan Cukic wrote:
> > Well, nullptr is a compile time check, right (like explicit override)? So,
> > you  compile your code with a compiler that supports it, making your code
> > safe in that aspect, while someone could still compile the code with an
> > older compiler.
>
> Qt 5 has Q_NULLPTR that expands to nullptr on C++11 and 0 otherwise.

Is there any chance that these macros will find their way into Qt4? I don't
mean that they should be used by Qt itself everywhere (or at all), but
providing them would allow an easy forward-compatible way of introducing this
stuff. That may not really help for KDE (or we need to require 4.8.3 or need to
ship them ourself) but for other stuff out there this would be an improvement
that you basically get for free.

Eike