[HEADS-UP] New Shared Desktop Ontologies requirement (v1.10.0)

Michael Pyne mpyne at kde.org
Wed Jun 20 21:54:31 BST 2012

On Wednesday, June 20, 2012 12:19:51 Allen Winter wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> In a few days we will be requiring v1.10.0 (or higher) of the
> shared-desktop-ontologies package for building kdepim-runtime master
> (effectively for KDE SC 4.9)
>
> Probably your distro does not have this version yet, so you'll need to
> install from source. Get the tarball at
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/oscaf/
>
> at the very least we will require this version for kdepim-runtime, perhaps
> for kdelibs too. so please install

I haven't tried it lately but SDO's trunk release should also be buildable
from kdesrc-build, and build-tool probably has a similar recipe (though I
haven't checked).

The kdesrc-build SDO configuration in the current sample configuration is:

module shared-desktop-ontologies
    repository git://oscaf.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/oscaf/shared-desktop-
ontologies
    branch master
end module

Note that this is only truly useful if you have an existing KDE development
build of some sort to install to without interfering with the system packages,
but that same precaution applies to installing from source. :-/

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne