Proposed adjustments to our release cycles

Shaun Reich sreich at kde.org
Sat Jun 16 15:38:22 BST 2012

On Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 7:21 AM, Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com> wrote:
> a part of the plan (kindof a consequency in the long term of the thing
> described here) is that it would mean aiming to a state where there are nover
> freezes (or well, master is always frozen, depends how you look at ;)
>
> master should always be in a releasable state, while the feature branches are
> merged in an integration one before is well tested.
>
> now of course there are a lot of technical details how work out this, like how
> to manage translations

yeah, especially if someone introduces a set of strings in the 11th
hour which don't have translations associated with them yet.

a bit concerned at the bug fixes part as well. if somebody merges
something into the integration branch because (they) tested it well,
but we're actually releasing mainline tomorrow..what happens?

i think there needs to be some "rules" which can hopefully remove the
grey area with those kinds of situations.

--
Shaun Reich,
KDE Software Developer (kde.org)