Proposed adjustments to our release cycles

Shaun Reich sreich at kde.org
Sat Jun 16 05:51:36 BST 2012

i like where this is going..i've always wanted a bit more flexibility
in releases...

one thing to keep in mind (i realize it's a bit premature to say this,
but..) we'd definitely have to make sure we coordinate the various
freezes well, since there'd be a dedicated and specialized
freeze-timeline for each module set.

i'm assuming that there'd have to be an independent freezing process
for stuff like translations, and just the general "make sure we don't
screw anything up last minute".

e.g. one month is rapid and the freeze time would have to be really
rapid (though of course you just threw random numbers as examples).

and the freezes would have to be *very* well communicated, because
even now we run into issues with people not realizing that we're in
string freeze or feature freeze.

--
Shaun Reich,
KDE Software Developer (kde.org)