KDE SC 4.8.4 important problems

Will Stephenson wstephenson at kde.org
Wed Jun 13 13:47:08 BST 2012

> On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 2:34 PM, Sebastian TrĂ¼g <sebastian at trueg.de> wrote:
> > I am totally lost. What is the problem with that commit?
>
> AFAIK, the problem is that changes were made in both Soprano and KDElibs
> for 4.9, but for 4.8.4, they are using this "changed" kdelibs with the old
> soprano.

Not correct - at openSUSE, we are using Soprano 2.7.6 with kdelibs 4.8.4 (and
virtuoso 4.1.5) and we get the crashes mentioned in Jose Maria's original
mail.  Particularly the gwenview crash is very easy to reproduce:

> #2 gwenview
> I can reproduce it just clicking an image and sometimes even just starting
> the application.
> Backtrace:
> http://alioth.debian.org/~santa-guest/4.8.4_crashes/bug_gwenview_santa.kcras

I don't know whether there is an issue with the kdelibs commit or whether the
SC/BC issue Aaron fixed with TCPClient is relevant.  I don't understand why
the backtraces seemingly have nothing to do with Soprano either, unless
(guess) a threading problem causes useless backtraces to be generated.

Will