KDE SC 4.8.4 important problems

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun Jun 10 15:04:52 BST 2012

El Diumenge, 10 de juny de 2012, a les 11:20:09, Aaron J. Seigo va escriure:
> On Sunday, June 10, 2012 03:23:04 José Manuel Santamaría Lema wrote:
> > #1 dolphin:
> > #2 gwenview
> > #6 kontact executing various components: calendar, to-do list, journal
> > #7 kmail links
>
> these are all the same crash, or at least related to each other. it is
> crashing in KServiceTypeTrader::defaultOffers or KMimeTypeTrader::query
> apparently at times in KSycocaDict::find_string.

FWIW if i add

        Q_ASSERT(!m_factories.hasLocalData());

to KSycocaFactorySingleton constructor in ksycocafactory.h if does assert,
don't ask me why since it makes no sense, and it doesn't make any sense either
that it does not assert if nepomukserver is not running.

I tried to do some debugging yesterday and the only conclusion i found is that
something is writing very off memory, but totally failed which could be the
culprit and gdb/valgrind did not point me in the right direction either (or i
cculd not read their hints if there was any :D)

Cheers,
  Albert