kdelibs splitting: May results, plans for June

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Mon Jun 4 23:15:19 BST 2012

On Monday, June 04, 2012 10:07:45 PM Kevin Ottens wrote:
> Hello,
>
> So May was beautiful, so much that I almost forgot to send now my
> traditional "what happens in the kdelibs splitting" email. That's what you
> get for spacing out in the garden I guess... :-)
>

> # May results
> So you're probably all wondering "did we perform better in May than April?".
> Turns out we did! So it seems the change of plans to get as much of kdeui
> out of the way as possible was a good move. Thus all the splits planned for
> May were completed in time.
>
> We completed the following three new frameworks:
>  * karchive

I wouldn't call karchive "complete".
It is not splitted.
E.g. it uses include dirs from the surrounding kdelibs:

include_directories(
   ${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR}/../src
   ${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR}/../src
   ${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/kio/httpfilter
)

Also, it uses BZIP2_FOUND and LZMA_FOUND but doesn't search for them, but
instead uses the results from the containing kdelibs.

Alex