RFC: Moving KWallet Password dialog into Plasma

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Fri Jul 20 20:01:33 BST 2012

On Friday, 2012-07-20, Martin Gräßlin wrote:

> So here my idea: let's move the password dialog into the desktop shell.
> Have it as a so-called "persistent" notification popping out of the panel
> and be shown on top of all other windows till the user either dismisses it
> or enters the password.

In Akonadi we theoretically have the notion of a "window id to use for dialogs
'transient for'".
See Akonadi::AgentBase::winIdForDialogs()

It isn't implemented very well and probably not used every where it should be.

I think the "authentication as workspace service" is a good idea, I am
wondering if the "winId for dialogs" could also be implemented in a similar
fashion, i.e. as something provided by the workspace

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring