Scope of kde-frameworks-devel and k-c-d mailing lists

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Wed Jul 18 07:05:28 BST 2012

Hi,

I am having this question: where should the frameworks review requests go?

There was a long discussion back then. Some people preferred the
establishment of kde-frameworks-devel, some did not. It was created in
the end. Now, Albert's patches keep coming in, but it can happen with
everybody else as well for sure.

If there is a such a list established for frameworks development, I
would prefer not to get this mixed up again, and review requests could
be sent there. I have been told, it is not possible to have different
mailing list default values for different branches with reviewboard,
so the contributor should select the relevant for the frameworks
branches in my book unless there is a good reason not to do so.

In addition, I wanted to read again the scope of the
"kde-frameworks-devel" mailing list, but there is no description for
that in here:

Recap: the mailing list was created in the past for separation, so I
would like to see k-c-d for KDE4 and kde-frameworks-devel for
frameworks personally. I would have personally preferred, if we do not
have an additional mailing list for that, but the decision was made,
so I need to accept it anyway. :) Still, I would like to avoid the
mixing then, or the previous decision needs to be reconsidered in my
opinion.

Best Regards,
Laszlo Papp