kde-workspace KDE/4.9 broken

Nicolás Alvarez nicolas.alvarez at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 23:27:32 BST 2012

2012/7/9 Martin Klapetek <martin.klapetek at gmail.com>:
> On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 10:55 PM, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
>>
>> Someone merged master to KDE/4.9, no clue if anyone is working on fixing
>> it,
>> but just thought you'd want to know KDE/4.9 is broken, you probably don't
>> want
>> to commit there untils it's fixed.
>

> Thanks for the info. There's a thread on plasma-devel about it, so they know
> and hopefully are on it to fix it asap.

I have now reset KDE/4.9 to the right commit, removing the bad merge.

If you already pulled 4.9 during the breakage, you will have to fix
your local branch too, otherwise your next push will re-introduce the
bad merge:

- Make sure your current branch is KDE/4.9 (or whatever you call your
local branch tracking KDE Workspace 4.9) and that you have no unpushed
changes (whether they are committed locally or not).
- Run "git fetch" to download from the server.
- Run "git reset --hard origin/KDE/4.9", to make your local 4.9 branch
point at exactly the same commit as the now-fixed remote 4.9 branch.

If you do have local changes on 4.9 that you don't want to lose, reply
to this thread asking for help; I don't want to make this one post
more complicated than it is :)

--
Nicolás