Using userbase for manuals

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Tue Jul 3 09:38:03 BST 2012

On Sunday 1 July 2012 09:49:11 Kevin Ottens wrote:
> [...]
> My opinion is that I would love to go for it, and if over time that turns
> out to be a problem, we could ship a dump of the relevant wiki content
> along the application. It'd be used as fallback if the wiki cannot be
> reached online.

Actually, after sleeping on it, it made me realize that this point above
renders the discussion moot from a KDE Frameworks standpoint. On my side I was
trying to determine if we had a way out from invokeHelp(). But as soon as you
need this type of extra behavior, you need to have something like
invokeHelp(), so our solution doesn't lie with the "wiki or docbook"
discussion.

Anyway, thanks everyone involved for the input provided. It was also a good
opportunity to evaluate how our current doc team perceive userbase use for
manuals (although that was just a fringe interest from KDE Frameworks
perspective), I think the outcome there is pretty clear. :-)

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net