Using userbase for manuals

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Jul 2 19:36:20 BST 2012

On Sunday 01 July 2012 Jul, Anne Wilson wrote:
> I'm not subscribed to this list, so please cc me in any replies.

Sort of proves my point that Mirko is right and that we need a KDE-wide mailing list for all contributors.

<...>

> Boud - I'm not arguing, but is email notification essential?  Maybe it
> is, but it's possible to craft an RSS/Atom feed for Recent Changes
> affecting your pages.  Would that help?

Oh, that would work as well. I get forum updates in akregator, and that's fine. I just need all changes to a certain "project" pushed to me, because I simply don't have the time to check manually what is changed.

<...>

> Something I'd really like to see is applications having links to
> UserBase and forum.kde.org (maybe to a specific sub-forum) in the Help
> menu.  Perhaps that's what Christoph had in mind.

Good point about the link to the forum. I definitely want that!

--
Boudewijn Rempt