hard-dep for Qt 4.8

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Tue Jan 17 16:34:19 GMT 2012

On Friday 13 January 2012 10:06:10 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On Thursday, 12 de January de 2012 22.50.24, Ingo =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Kl=F6cker?=
> wrote:
> > If you want developers to switch to Qt 4.8 to get the KDE code better
> > tested with this version of Qt then simply ask developers to do so. I
> > see no good reason to force developers to do so.
>
> You know what happens when people are using a new version of Qt, right?
>
> They start using features from it.
and that already happened: https://projects.kde.org/projects/kde/kde-
baseapps/repository/revisions/f5eb9ffa53fc96bb1d7b68db304f1ca3816cae6c

Commit makes use of QGraphicsGridLayout::removeItem
http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.8-snapshot/qgraphicsgridlayout.html#removeItem

kde-baseapps does no longer compile against Qt 4.7 without yelling that you
need Qt 4.8.

So we can now either start fixing our code each other week or just go the easy
way.

Cheers
Martin