ktouchpadenabler moved to kdereview

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Wed Jan 4 23:13:27 GMT 2012

El Dimecres, 4 de gener de 2012, a les 20:15:27, Thomas Lübking va escriure:
> Am 04.01.2012, 18:51 Uhr, schrieb Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org>:
> > I don't really see any point in doing that, nothing can be shared
> > between them
> > and the existing ktouchpadenabler so instead of one simple codebase (166
> > lines
> > with 20 of headers) you end up adding more complexity to existing
> > programs
> > (probably integrating the code in the existing programs would be more
> > than 166
> > lines).
>
> I guess what Christoph meant was to avoid having another XSelect daemon.

It's not another daemon, it's a kded module.

> I've not seen the code (and deleted the original mail in case it's linked
> there - winkwink)

Do i need to say that ktouchpadenabler is in kde:ktouchpadenabler?

> but my approach would be to have a tool to be invoked
> when "something" happens, rather than adding yet another keyboard event
> listening daemon bound to a very specific event.

That'd mean doing udev stuff and the like probably, i'll pass on that.

> Actually I've a setup a udev rule to simply "fix" things whenever I
> un/plug a mouse (not sure what or where that particular key is)

That has nothing to do with what ktouchpadenabler does.

Albert