Can we please have an updated and confirmed working "build KDE from source as separate user"?

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 00:19:50 GMT 2012

You load the oxygen style plugin from here:
/usr/lib/kde4/plugins/styles/oxygen.so

while it should apparently be: ~/kde/lib/kde4/plugins

Since you can run applications from textshells this means your ~/.profile
is not invoked by kdm or whatever sets up the session for you
-> put the exports somewhere into ~/.kde/env

For the rest, I've frankly not even an idea what you're talking about - i
wasn't even aware there's some sort of "kdesrc-build knowledgebase
article".
Sorry, can't help any further :-(

--
Cheers,