bugzilla situation

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Fri Feb 24 16:47:12 GMT 2012

On Friday 24 February 2012, Martin Gräßlin wrote:
> On Friday 24 February 2012 21:03:42 Ben Cooksley wrote:
> > On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 8:06 PM, Martin Gräßlin <mgraesslin at kde.org>
> > > Consider that we have to ask again and again for all those things to
> > > find out in the end that it is a known issue with $foo driver in
> > > combination with $bar feature. All these things could so easily be
> > > handled by a first level support.
> >
> > I'm not aware of any documented list of these broken combinations, at
> > least at the moment.
>
> yes it does only exist in our heads and I think that is the case for more
> products.
>
> If we want to go for a proper first level support approach, we of course
> have to educate our first level supporters. But before we can do that we
> have to know that e.g. forum.kde.org is seen as our first level support
> where everything should go to instead of bugs.kde.org. For bko I don't
> need wiki pages as it is in my head.

I think having such a (wiki) page documenting known problematic setups would
be a good thing.
It might reduce the number of bugs entered into bugzilla (or maybe not, but at
least the users could simply be pointed to that page, if this does not happen
automatically via google, instead of waiting for input from inside your head
;-) )

Alex