Binary compatiblity for liboxygenstyle.so

Hugo Pereira Da Costa hugo at oxygen-icons.org
Fri Feb 24 10:49:44 GMT 2012

On 02/24/2012 11:43 AM, Pino Toscano wrote:
> Alle venerdì 24 febbraio 2012, Hugo Pereira Da Costa ha scritto:
>> no there is no guarantee for liboxygenstyle.so.4, and I don't plan to
>> guarantee it.
>> It is all internal to kde-workspace, and has no public api.
> Then please correctly bump its SONAME, instead of using the same SONAME
> (liboxygenstyle.so.4) for API-/ABI- incompatible new versions of it.

Hi Pino,

I think the real issue here is:

despite the fact that you have a local kde build, the pluggins that gets
loaded by Qt when running a KDE or Qt application are not the ones you
compiled. An old one is used instead, that is inconsistent with the
libraries it links to.
The new, compiled one, should get loaded.
No change of so name will fix that.
Correct ?

Hugo