Binary compatiblity for liboxygenstyle.so

Hugo Pereira Da Costa hugo at oxygen-icons.org
Fri Feb 24 10:21:01 GMT 2012

Hi Andras,

no there is no guarantee for liboxygenstyle.so.4, and I don't plan to
guarantee it.
It is all internal to kde-workspace, and has no public api.
the fact that oxygen gets broken for kde installed from source due to
incorrect plugin path is an issue with Qt installantion, and/or with
local KDE install (experts should confirm), that must be fixed upstream,
disregarding of the above. In fact the same issue can lead (and has led)
to crashes elsewhere, notably in the decorations. Therefore I don't
think it justifies ensuring the the BIC you ask, which would generate
extra -and IMHO unnecessary- complexity, if not overhead.

Sorry,

Hugo