bugzilla situation

Parker Coates parker.coates at kdemail.net
Wed Feb 22 16:57:25 GMT 2012

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 10:23, Stefan Majewsky wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 4:11 PM, David Faure wrote:
>> "give rights to everyone, and remove rights when
>> someone abuses them". This is also what we do for SVN/GIT, so why don't we do
>> this for bugzilla? Presuming people are innocent upfront, rather than guilty
>
> What we do for SVN/Git is to give rights not to everyone, but to
> everyone who cares to ask. A certain very low barrier may help to keep
> out people who intend to act in the heat of the moment. Plus new SCM
> accounts need a supporter.

Applicants for a developer account are also required give their real
name. While this can easily be faked, I think that step has the
psychological effect of implied responsibility. Someone is less likely
to do deliberately stupid things if they do so under their own name
than they are when calling themselves "turdNINJA1988".

Parker