Review Request: Write to the correct xmlFile in KToolBar::Private::slotContextShowText()

Albert Astals Cid tsdgeos at
Mon Feb 20 22:19:50 GMT 2012

This is an automatically generated e-mail. To reply, visit:

(Updated Feb. 20, 2012, 10:19 p.m.)

Review request for kdelibs and David Faure.


NULL -> gone


KToolBar::Private::slotContextShowText() was assuming that the xmlgui file it had to write was
  KGlobal::mainComponent.componentName() + "ui.rc";
which is obviously wrong since we have a setXMLFile function for a reason.

I tried using 
directly but in Okular we use the same the same toolbar name defined in two xml files, so that still did not work because this means we end up with just one KToolbar (yes i know that might be a misuse of the API).

So i ended up going through the actioncollections to find the action and get the correct client from there.

This addresses bug 292574.

Diffs (updated)

  kdeui/widgets/ktoolbar.h 69c482e 
  kdeui/widgets/ktoolbar.cpp d17ff39 
  kdeui/xmlgui/kxmlguibuilder.cpp 6773c31 
  kdeui/xmlgui/kxmlguifactory_p.cpp 2f81f18 



Fixes the issue in Okular, i tested it does still work with Kate that is using the ui.rc scheme.


Albert Astals Cid

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <>

More information about the kde-core-devel mailing list