Please avoid noisy merge commits in frameworks

Parker Coates parker.coates at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 22:49:59 GMT 2012

On Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 11:58, Anne-Marie Mahfouf wrote:
> I guess I should get used to using gitk.

This is slightly off topic, but with all this talk of gitk, I thought
it'd be a good time to recommend QGit [1]. It's an alternative git
history viewer with a friendlier interface built on top of a certain
modern GUI toolkit that we all know and love.

I agree that there is little sense in trying to learn git without
using a graphical log viewer. It quickly and intuitively answers the
question "What did I just do?", which tends to come up a lot when
beginning with Git. (For the "What am I about to do?" question, I
would recommend git-cola [2], which is a nice GUI for "git diff" and
"git add -p", among other things.)

Parker

[1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/qgit/
[2] http://git-cola.github.com/