nepomuk restarting

Anders Lund anders at alweb.dk
Thu Feb 2 16:44:37 GMT 2012

Hi,

I don't know if this is the right place for this, but:

I experience once in a while a need to kill off nepomuk/virtuoso-t and restart
it. This again means that most apps depending on it must be restarted, ie
bangarang, dolphin, gwenview and plasma-desktop is in a somewhat broken state
after restarting nepomuk.

Would it be possible to make this happen automatically, like kdepim apps
automatically reconnects when akonadi is restarted? Or signal that the service
have been restarted to let applications know so that they can act?

Nepomuk itself also have some issues with handling problems. If virtuoso-t is
killed, it is not possible to display the nepomuk  kcm.

I know nepomuk is meant to Just Work in the background, but it is a painfull
fact that this is not always the case. Even when nepomuk becomes perfectly
stable, it would not hurt being able to handle it getting killed.

--
Anders