When do we need to update GENERIC_LIB_VERSION / KDE_NON_GENERIC_LIB_VERSION ?

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Wed Aug 29 18:53:19 BST 2012

El Dimecres, 29 d'agost de 2012, a les 19:46:19, Alexander Neundorf va
escriure:
> On Wednesday 29 August 2012, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > One of the release team files says
> >
> > When doing release, update:
> >  * cmake/modules/KDE4Defaults.cmake
> >
> > set(GENERIC_LIB_VERSION "4.9.0")
> > set(KDE_NON_GENERIC_LIB_VERSION "5.9.0")
> >
> > When does this need to happen?
> >
> > For every release? For every .0 release? For every .0 release + for
> > alpha/beta/rc?
>
> AFAIK this was done for every .0 release, and I think we did not increase
> the minor versions with our minor releases. But I may be wrong.

Yes, this is what we did.

Let me rephrase the question.

Is what we did the correct thing? (I'm not saying it is or it is not, just
that i have to tag 4.9.1 tomorrow and i want to know if I have to increase
that or not).

Cheers,
  Albert